Tuesday 1 December 2009

PRAYER REQUESTS:

* That I may be sensitive to and grab every opportunity to pray with the elderly at the elderly home I visit; boldness to share God's word.

(While my actions show that I care, there are many times when I fail to realize or did not seize the opportunity to share the gospel, encourage them with God's truth, or pray with them, out of fear or embarrassment.
Love w/o truth = hypocrisy. Truth w/o love = brutality)

* That the elderly and I will somehow be able to understand each other more when conversing with one another. Their Taiwanese-Chinese and my Hokkien-Chinese have more differences than I thought.
(It is not simply the accent but many words are completely different as well.)

* That the Holy Spirit work in them and that they finally believe and receive God's gift of salvation before it is too late.
(Every morning, the owner would share God's word to the elderly. May the time of harvest finally come.)

No comments:

Post a Comment